Diva's Weekly Principle:

"Attitude is Everything". ~2011 Diva Principle

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Lyfe Saving Habits


Body & Soul

Each decade of your lyfe brings with it unique health concerns. Here are some deadly dangers to watch for and how to avoid them. I was reading this article and thought I would share.

20's - Steer clear of Sexually transmitted Infections (STI's)
Black Women between ages 20-24 have the 2nd highest rates of Chlamydia and Gonorrhea
Black Women between ages 25-29 were 3rd
and the Syphilis rate is at its highest for ALL women.
If you don't practice abstinence, use condoms each and every time you have sex.

30's - Steer clear of HIV/AIDS
64% of american women living with AIDS are black.
HIV/ADIS is the leading cause of death for Black women ages 30 to 34
Get tested and your partner his status and remember "A man/woman can look healthy, very attractive, very sexy and still be HIV positive"

40's - Steer clear of Heart Disease
2nd leading cause of death for Black Women in their 40's is heart attacks. It starts silently when we're young and progress if we don't keep a watch

50's - Steer clear of Cancer
It's the word no one wants to utter. The top killer in the realm of death tolls.
Catch breast cancer early take advantage of the detection methods.
monthly self-exams
clinical breast exams by your gyn and
yearly mammorgrams

outsmart colon cancer
avoid lung cancer - 87% of cigarette smoking causes long cancer death.

3 comments:

Korry said...

What's the percentage for men?

Frankie said...

You don't like us men much do you, Stella?

The Diva Principle said...

I'm sorry. please don't feel neglected. I've been a little busy getting some "metyme". I love you guys.
You're the melody to my rhythm. (for real)

I don't like you, I love you.
Me love you long time! lol (remember that song)

Here's the deal and I apologize. I'm trying to work you in here, but I'm targeting a certain people. Yes, mostly women.

Honestly, the blog is designed to build up, inspire, re-evaluate, rejuvenate and regain anything and everything that keeps you from stepping and moving forward.

That's my hype.

I know I been focusing on women lately, but I have my reasons.

Trust me, I love you guys and need you dearly. I'm trying to implement ideas, thoughts, opinions and experiences into a blog that will reach us all.

I'm new at blogging and I have so many things running though my mind. If you have and recommendations how I can include male and female in one topic, I am open for them. You know that Korry.

Sometimes, you know; a women can feel just as neglected and many times we act out in ways that harm us. We all need love. We all need to feel a sense of he/she loves me.

Me love you long time!!!
I need you and always will.