Diva's Weekly Principle:

"Attitude is Everything". ~2011 Diva Principle

Monday, May 11, 2009

Fabulous Friends



Today is my off day, so I'm chilling in bed with my laptop. Of course, I could be doing better things...lol

I was thinking about "Friendship" how many of us have them. I'm not speaking about people you kick it with or you acquaintances or sleeping buddy.

I'm talking about the ones that are hard to find. Those ones that stay, that you can call at 4:00AM in the morning. Those ones that "know all about you, and like you anyway. Those ones that, "When you cry, they cry". Yeah, those ones. And, let me tell you; they are hard to come by.

I'm learning as I journey through this age thing, that the older you get; the deeper the gratitude in having "a real true friend."

Today, I could have lost one of my friends. I'm thankful God protected her and kept her safe.

I told her, God's not through with you yet!! Get busy enjoying the finer things in lyfe and following after your dreams.

I believe, we have no control of tomorrow for we never know what tomorrow brings. I'm starting to appreciate lyfe today and all it has to offer. I learned to appreciate where I've been and remember the lyfe I traveled. I personally, gained a new insight to the meaning of friend.

Are you one of those lucky ones, who can call on a friend or be a friend?
bBlessed
leaving you with a sense of reclaimed love and peace

5 comments:

Korry said...

No doubt. Friends are hard to find. Yes, I am a lucky one. When someone comes into your life and the connection is geniune, cherish them.

Your inner circle of true friends keep you fresh and alive.

Take care my lovely. Enjoy your off day.
peace

Anonymous said...

I don't trust people. My sister and my mom are all the people i need to have friends.

I remember dis girl in school we were cool and then she stole money from my mom. She said she didn't but we know she did it. Friends they get jealous, call you names behind your back and then smile at you.

I only got my sister and my mom. My sis is 22 and we are best friends.
Dats all the friends I need.

The Diva Principle said...

Wow. Thanks for the honesty and for your comment. You are very fortunate to have a sister and a mother that you can relate to.

I'm the eldest of 3 and only girl in my family. However, my mom is my best friend and we have an excellent relation. I'm glad to hear you have that as well, too many people today are less fortunate.

You are 100% correct with friends. I can tell you a few stories how over the years "friends" have betrayed me. Those are not "friends", nor are they the ones I'm meaning. Let's call, those types that betray you "HATERS".

I'm sorry you had to experience betrayal with friends, but don't let that give you a bad taste. Just accept it as a learning experience and grow from it.

I believe, overtime, you will find true friendship. Trust me, they don't come often. I am 44 years old and can count my true friends on one hand.

I'm not as trusting either and I'm finding as I open myself up, I'm allowing real people to come in.

Here's something really funny that my dear friend told me, "Stella" you let people in your lyfe; you just allow them so far. You have an "electric fence", that shocks people when getting too close.

I guess, at times we shield ourselves with walls or with me it is an "electric fence". This is my defense to use when I'm feeling attacked. I'm learning to tear it down, though.

I'm sharing this with you only to say, think about any walls, barriers, or electric fences that may block true friends. Then begin soul searching and healing. I'm sure overtime, it will get easier to trust and have a true friend.

I'll end for now, this could get way too deep way to fast.

Thanks for your honesty and your comment. I'm new at posting my blog. I hope I was suppose to comment back and I hope you will continue to follow me.

bBlessed

Marie said...

I feel as though I am an excellent friend and will be there for whoever I know would be there for me. But sometimes I feel people follow their good friends instead of being their own person. The friends like you for who you are not because you are trying to copy them. If someone is really your friend they will approach you first before anyone else if they have an issue with you..a friend won't assume and just got to other resources to find out information. Friends need to keep it REAL with each other if they want the friendship to stay strong.

James said...

A friend who understands you is very hard to come by.
Yea; I even think it might be harder for men. We relate different. We find it hard to let go of our pride and be upfront.
Men who never had that father figure especially.