Diva's Weekly Principle:

"Attitude is Everything". ~2011 Diva Principle

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Packed Gucci Bag


I got my Gucci Bag Packed.

Over the past weekend, I set up an information table at the Jubilee for Racial Justice. While I was preparing the information and packing up my materials, something dawned on me. Damn sure did.

I had these boxes of information packed up and I kept moving the bags from one side of the room to the next. Then I got this revelation that sometimes, this is what we do with our inner junk that we might think we have half hazardously gotten rid of, Hummmmm.

Made me start thinking about some issues, some inner demons, some bad habits that really I packed up in a Gucci Bag and left it sitting in a corner and from time to time, I move the bag over to the next corner.

Something like the post I blogged about called The Town called Victimville. Remember, living in a country called "Sad", and a town call Victimville on the street called Hurt Lane. You see, I moved out of town, left the country and changed my street address. But guess what I didn't do? I didn't unpack the freakin bag! I left the bag sitting packed in the corner.

The Gucci Bag is being unpacked tonight. It is full of if I, coulda, shoulda, woulda, and why?

You see unconsciously sometimes we keep our bags packed waiting for the next opportunity to drag them around moving them from one corner to the next. We use those bags as a reason to avoid taking any new risks. They become our permission slips to play it safe and really stay stuck in the same ole situation.

I'm unpacking my Gucci Bag and leaving unpacked. Why bother moving to another street and still carry around the same ole bag? Why do it?

I don't know about you, but I'm unpacking Gucci!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Hi. It's been a while for me. I kinda been tryna get it together. I broke up with my boyfriend. Can't believe its has been three weeks too. I'm getting alot stronger cause I would normally take him back by now.

I almost forgot your blog page. I like your post it really is making me a strong chick.

I graduated! I did it! No one thought I would graduate. I did!

Can you talk more about getting strong and getting away from people who mean me harm. I think dats what i kinda like need to hear more of.
take care and thanks.

The Diva Principle said...

Hi, I was wondering about you. Hope all is well.

Congrats! I'm happy to hear you graduated. That's a steppin stone with many doors of opportunities. I foresee you overcoming many challenges and the best part is that you're going to succeed in whatever you seek out to conqueror.

I guess, no need to say sorry about your breakup. Seems like you weren't too happy and have already taken steps to move on. I think the hardest thing to do is to accept that it's over. We sometimes like to look back at ifa, coulda, woulda, shoulda and that's never good. Keep your head up and believe that YOU ARE SOMEBODY!

The best advice I can give right now, is to stay focused on YOU. And someone will come into your lyfe when you least expect. Stay strong and go for what makes you happy. Live a little and laught alot!!!

Just stay tuned into yourself and remember God has great things in store for you.

You seem to be a very strong, gifted, intelligent young woman.

Absolutely! I will blog more about strength, attraction and look for more self-esteem awareness. I love to blog about lyfe experiences and you can count on me to just keep it real.

Do you live here in West Virginia or Ohio?