Diva's Weekly Principle:

"Attitude is Everything". ~2011 Diva Principle

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Lost Identity



I never realized how your identity is based upon paper and computers. No, really. Your entire being is identified all in paperwork and computers.

My purse was stolen about 3 weeks ago from Garfields Resturant. Yes, they stole everything. Money, ID's, Debit Cards, etc. You would think, they would take the money ($250.00) and at least leave my wallet. But no, I guess they liked who I was...lol

I had to go to DMV with birth certificate, which by the way isn't enough information. They wanted Social Security Card or Medical Insurance or Marriage License. Now, let me say again. "my freakin wallet was stolen", which means all my information is gone. What part of "lost" did they miss? Do they care, hell no.

DMV sent me to Social Security Office, which again asked for something that has my date of birth listed. No, it can't be the obvious BC. She told me, if you have marriage license or divorce papers we can use that information. Or, go to the hospital and get a copy of your medical records. So, I leave SS office and travel all the way to OVMC. Thank God, I knew the medical records clerk!

Now, I've gone from mad, to frustrated, to pissed! Why in the hell does my identity rely upon another person, that's what I want to know? Why does my identity have to be proven through marriage or divorce? That pissed me off.

To make a long drawn out story short, keep your identity. Stay true to who you are, Keep your identity close and never ever let your identity be based upon someone else.

You know, I had to get my drivers license to hit the plane on Sunday morning!! Finally, I did manage to retrieve my identity back! lol

0 comments: