Diva's Weekly Principle:

"Attitude is Everything". ~2011 Diva Principle

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Art Appreciation 101


I like art and it amazes me that down through the years men have carved statues, painted pictures and even written songs about the beauty of women. Yet, we as women still struggle with having a sense of our own beauty. Why?

Well, whatever the reasons are; I think it's high tyme we start believing in the press that's pictured about us!

Yep, Art Appreciation 101 begins right here and right now. While I visited New orleans and Atlanta, I made it a point to visit Art museum. I admire the fine lines, sculptive cuts and designs of art. It's tyme we view our selves as the beautiful sculptutres waiting to be seen.

Let's start out by first:
1. Look in the mirror and face it. Yep, face the facts. Face that you are a beauty piece of art. You see, when God made you; he said, "Oh yea, this is good"!
2. Learn how to accept compliments gracefully with a simple, thank you. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
3. Try to begin feeling warm, vibrant and breathing lyfe in with a whole lot of love to give and share.
4. Know the secret and one real source of beauty by understanding that your beauty truly comes from an inward expression. Fix yourself up on the inside, so that your outer beauty can shine.

If you have difficulty feeling beautiful, try going to an art museum and find a piece of art that reminds you of you. Study it and ask yourself, why does this piece of art look beautiful? Then you can go home and look at yourself once again and begin to ask yourself: Why did the painting or sculpture look so beautiful and yet I can't see that same beauty in me? Sounds, stupid but trust me; it works!


Dear Lover of my soul:
Help us to see ourselves as you see us. Let those things that you show us move. Let them move from our minds, to our hearts and then let it take root and grow.
Dear Lover of my soul, please erase any hurtful words, unedifying thoughts and negative comments that play apart with our inner beauty. Replace those words, thoughts and comments with renewed, refound, refresh identity.

We truly are a beautiful piece of artwork!

0 comments: