Diva's Weekly Principle:

"Attitude is Everything". ~2011 Diva Principle

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Diva Confession




Have you every felt afraid to vocalize your thoughts because someone may not accept them? Let's be honest and tell the truth.

Do you face any challenges on a day to day basis when it comes to being heard?

For some of us, we are very vocal and can eloquently communicate our thoughts and opinions. But for many, like myself. Its a struggle.

I had this training class the other day on "effective communication"! It was great and I learned a few things that I can implement in my daily personal communication style.

After the class, I began to self identify with my communication style, my thought process and how I listen. I realized that some people truly don't stop and think before they speak.

I'm learning:
1. to stop jumping to conclusions,
2. take time to filter my thoughts,
3. seek the truth and root of the matter before I go summarizing
4. Respond only after given the facts and
5. believe that I have a voice that makes a difference.

This was a big big problem of mine. And again at this training, I was reminded of the "offensive position" rather than the "defensive position".

I've been soo use to playing defense, I mean, I'm trying. I'm really trying to adjust that I am now on a whole new team and a whole new level. The offensive team really is the team you want to be on because it helps you effectively commumicate.

Just a Diva Confession that I thought I would share.

0 comments: