Diva's Weekly Principle:

"Attitude is Everything". ~2011 Diva Principle

Monday, July 13, 2009

You asked, Do I Qualify?


The Brother's Response:

You ask, do I qualify. Can I fulfill your needs and become the man you need me to be? My sister, are you prepared for what you've asked for? Can you handle the responsibility?

Can you accept that, by GOD, I am the chosen one, the authority, the comforter, and the head? Will you submit and willingly follow my path? Or will you fight with me instead?

If I am your King, will you treat me as such? Will I get the best of your beauty and poise? Or will I be subjected to an appearance neglected, and checked with some serious noise?

When I talk, will you listen? I mean whole heartedly and feel me? Or will you rush me just to make your point too? Can I be the man at all times? Even when it hurts? Or is it just when it's convenient for you?

Can you love me for me, and not who you wish I could be? Will you see the strong Black Man within? Or will you always remind me of all the past brothers behind me and make me pay for their sins?

If I don't send you flowers the day your co-worker received some, will you know that I love you still? Or will my good name be uttered along with those other doggish brothers? Will you question if my commitment is real?

Will you be patient and teach me to understand you, and allow my knowledge of your needs to grow? Or will you shut me out when I ask, Baby what's wrong? Or will you respond with, "Well a REAL man would know!"

When we first met, what was it that caught your eye? Was it my mind, my heart, my personality? Or was it my suit, or my job, or do you love what I drive, instead of what's driving me?

Yes I can, and I will, make love to you from midnight to the dawning of the sun. But, if I tell you I'm tired, will you trust I'm sincere or believe that there must be another one? My sister, I love you and my heart can be yours. No woman could lead me astray. But like you, I have needs, so I beg of you, please, in this love thang meet me half way.

In life's tough times I'll hold you, in the rough times I'll mold you; your simplest wish will be my command. My life is yours if need be. Yes you can fully bleed me, and when hell comes, in your place, I'll stand.

A good relationship is a powerful institution that must be built on a foundation of two. So to answer your question, YES sister, I do qualify.




Now, more importantly.....!

DO YOU?

4 comments:

Philosophyofjames said...

Awesome his and her.

As a QUALIFIED brotha, I Could not have responded any better.

Ma, on a serious tip I hope the people reading both ask themselves "Do I qualify and Am I Prepared"?

If he qualifies Stella, Are you prepared?

The Diva Principle said...

Yes, I am prepared. Do I want it, I think I'm happier being single for the moment.

I'm in a different season of lyfe. (I will talk about the four season of lyfe in another posting). My season has changed, you see everyone goes through seasons and we all go through seasons at different times. My winter season maybe your summer. Get my drift?

Anyway, I'm in a winter season right now. Which means "Metyme". Alone time, preparing for the spring. Hybernating like the bears.

You have to know yourself in order to know when your seasons have changed.

My kid is headed off to college in August. Which means, I got alot of "metyme". I've decided to begin travelling. This decision will afford me opportunities that I can not receive here in Wheeling.

Personally, a man in my life right now wouldn't work. I'm not ready to be tied down, I'm on the road too much and wouldn't be able to give him the time he would deserve.

And you know what James, I'm happy being alone. I don't want "RELATIONSHIP". Honestly, it's given me too much heartache.

If I may say so myself, Do you Qualify was an eye opener and I learned alot. Yep, I'm patting myself on the back for finding it. God knew exactly what I needed. I hope all who read found it enlightening too!

I'm satisfied and comfortable with me and I dont want a man.

Roberta said...

Chica,
Good Writings. Made me appreciate who I am as a woman. Made me appreciate my man even more.

Here's a crazy and wild suggestion for you. I think while your in California, you should have a "STELLA MOMENT." Aint nothing wrong with it. Take it to the limits. Who knows?? WHAT HAPPENS IN CA STAYS IN CA!

Do You Qualify makes me wonder how many men and women take the time getting to know each other?

Headed to work. Love ya!

The Diva Principle said...

You are CraZy sometimes.