Diva's Weekly Principle:

"Attitude is Everything". ~2011 Diva Principle

Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Road Less Traveled...


Travelling is something that I'm ready to do. Lyfe may not always go as you planned, but that's lyfe. You can't dwell on it and you can't change it. All you can do is grow from it. Grow and move on.

I'm getting so excited to leave for Long Beach California. I'm packed and keep adding another outfit here and another one there. Already I got 3 bathing suits packed, why? I don't even know. I guess I just want to wear them all before summer falls.

As I was thinking about travelling. I thought about the road less travelled. Imma call that road, "the road to emotional healing". I feel great. Theres a part of me that feels free and relaxed.

On the road to emotional healing, sometimes you have to let go. I mean truly let go and change the mindset. Change the mindset in how we look at relationships. You see, for me; I viewed failed relationships that didn't work out as failure on my part. When actually, it is the complete opposite.

Instead of seeing it as a failure, we have to take up some maturity and a little humility and own up to our own part.

Any past relationship you encounter I think should be viewed as, what did I learn from it; what did I gain from it and what will I do differently the next time around? How else can you let go and move forward? Really, this is the only healthy way.

So, instead of becoming undone and feeling miserably sad; take on a new approach. We should make up in our minds to appreciate the past and see it as a stepping stone. Yep, one step closer.

One thing I've learned through my past relationships is how I've allowed fear to run the show. Fear in being Afraid of many things. Things that I won't even mention. And, once fear has taken the drivers seat, it takes over the road.

As I journey on the road less travelled, Imma make sure my next stop is healthy, safe, fun, well-rounded, filled with respect, communication, commitment, giving and receiving. This road was a stepping stone to me being one step closer.

Today, I'm on a road less travelled and I'm headed for emotional healing. It feels different. It is a road that truly is less travelled.

Long Beach, I can't wait to see you.

0 comments: