Diva's Weekly Principle:

"Attitude is Everything". ~2011 Diva Principle

Friday, February 11, 2011

Tune Up


Last year, I started working on getting fiscally fit! People, it's 2011 and a financial tune-up is in order; at least for me.

I can remember times when I had to deal with bounce checks and/or missed payments. Thank God those days have past me, but there are some things that I need to tune-up on. My credit. Yep, that's right. My credit is a little on the weak side and this year, I would like to make the right adjustments to correct.

I read somewhere that 54 percent of African American children under the ages of 18 are supported by a single parent. Part of me strongly accepts that irresponsibility plays a big part in our messed up finacial conditions. But, I'm torn between the fact that raising kids in a single parent home and at times not knowing where you're gonna get the funds to pay your light bill makes the burden of paying bills on time that much harder.

I think its high time we create a money plan, don't you?

Trust me, I'm not one who sets huge unrealistic goals. I set goals that challenge me. Goals that help me to reach my highest potential. I've been accused of not examining myself, but in all actuality that's not so. I identify with myself on a daily basis and accept faults, failures, accomplishments, misjudgements, etc.

Ideally this year ~ 2011, I would like to set up some accountable goals that are obtainable as long as I remain focused.

Here's my list. Why don't you take a moment and sit back and create your own set of financial goals.
1. getting financially fit but paying off bills or double up.
2. keep my priorities intact.
3. refrain from eating out as much as I do (this one is gonna be a challenge)
4. start a change jar. Two of my girl friends save all coins. One took a vacation
with the coins she saved. (another challenge for me)
5. Keep up on my emergency fund (this one I kinda have in place, just need to keep
it up)
6. keeping my home as a beautiful living space. free from stress, neglect or
negativism.
7. Imma start entertaining more at home. (I love playing host and having friends
over, I need to do this more)
2011, it will be worth having a tune-up!

0 comments: