Diva's Weekly Principle:

"Attitude is Everything". ~2011 Diva Principle

Friday, February 11, 2011

A Celebration of Lyfe and Legacy

A Woman today by the name of Ms. Ellie K. came by my office and gave me a gift. I sware, it couldn't have come at a better time.

This woman has no idea how special she made me feel. For One, she wanted me to have this gift and stated that she had been working on it for Black History Month and felt lead to give to me. She touched me in such a special way, because it's not often that someone gives me something. I mean people outside my family. You see, I'm always giving to others, I like to give but its really rare to recieve. I'm thankful that she thought about me today.

Ms. Ellie is a gifted artist from New England. She has lived in Wheeling, WV for 25 years and I met her at an Art Exhibit fundraiser. Instantly our spirits connected and we began to talk, that's been 2 years ago.

We are working together on a upcoming multi-cultural event and I'm grateful to know her and very appreciative of my gift.

You wanna know what's the gift? Sure, I'm sorry I didn't mention before now. It's a banner. She called it "A Celebration of Lyfe and Legacy". The picture below is the banner that I left displaying at the YWCA.

Thank you Ms. Ellie, you have trully touched my heart..

I will keep and cherish this banner forever.

0 comments: