Diva's Weekly Principle:

"Attitude is Everything". ~2011 Diva Principle

Monday, February 21, 2011

Does an Elephant Ever need therapy?


Elephants. Yeah, that's what I'm thinking about right now. Did you know that elephants are said to have a perfect memory? Can you imagaine, remembering every single thing that has happend? Well, yeah. I can imagine. Sometimes, we get so bound up with remembering every detail that it causes us so much pain, misery and even therapy.

As I was thinking about the elephants, I had to laugh. It made me ask myself, "does elephants ever need therapy"? How did they do it? How can they go around all their life remembering every good, bad, hurtful, and spiteful thing that have occured and not need therapy? I'm just saying...

If they truly have perfect memories, then it would also be my guess that they don't have many friends, lovers, or companions. Right? You know what I believe? I believe that they don't take things so personally and they giggle a lot. That's what I believe.

Memories. Most of us, well, lets just say we have a tendancy to store up all the bad things and those good memories we just sholve them over to the side to never mention. We label the good memories and file it under the "never speakon". Those bad, hurtful memories are stored in a folder called "I'll never forget".

Yea, we do that, We have a tendency to forget about the good that people have done but always keep that file of all the bad. It's difficult to let go and forget when someone has wronged you but if we're not very careful, that "elephant perfect memory" can keep us from being happy and having a happy loving relationship with others.

Let's remember to forget and let go of things. Lyfe is too short to store up files of memories of old hurtful mishaps.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's remember to forget. Cute post