Diva's Weekly Principle:

"Attitude is Everything". ~2011 Diva Principle

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Climbing the Ladder in Stilettos


2011!! Its a new year with a new look and feeling.

First off let me say, fellas just cause I mentioned stilettos this doesn't exclude you. So, get your wingtips shined up!

I was at work the other day clowning around and I made a comment. I said, "its time to put up the stilettos". Then I thought about that shit and said, hell to the nah!
I love my stilettos and I'm climbing up the ladder in these bad boys...

On a serious tip, I'm always asking myself questions. I'm always looking for new creative ideas and ways of handling life. That's just me and who I am. You gotta love me or hate me. I am what I am.

Anyways, here's what I been asking myself.

At the end of 2009, I told myself. I said, self: I wanna make $10,000.00 more next year (2010) than I did the previous. Welp, I kinda knew I was on pace but just wasnt sure how close. I went to file my taxes and guess what? I was almost there. I was shy about $1500.00. I'm cool with it though, because I know the areas of opportunties where I was lacking.

This year, It's about creating a pathway and journey that makes me happy. Im climbing the ladder in my stilettos ya'll and as I'm climbing; I've decided I want to be creating, discovering and adapting to my purpose for working.

I'm gonna ask you the same questions: Are you currently happy with your position at work? Do you wake up on Monday morning looking forward to the day and the new week? Are you being challenged to articulate at your maximum potential or are you just complacent and in a comfort zone?

We are gonna talk more in depth about Climbing the Ladder in Stilettos, but for now Im just going to leave you with those thought provoking questions.

Ladies get your pumps ready and fellas shine up those wingtips because we are getting ready to climb that corporate ladder!!

I dont know about you, but I'm in it to win it!!!

2 comments:

jana said...

That is really cute. Climbing the ladder in Stilettos.

That is the ultimate goal for me.
Over the past several years, I set some personal goals up for myself and for whatever reason I too haven't met all of them.

As for me, I'm not giving up. Seems like instead of stilettos I'm Climbing the ladder with stilts but I'm climbing.

Scizzle said...

Good job