Diva's Weekly Principle:

"Attitude is Everything". ~2011 Diva Principle

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Stella Award



I been contemplating posting this and actually trying not to acknowledge somethings. Up until this moment, I really only been having some fun with the name "STELLA". Now, I'm convinced to make her name and title an AWARD. Yep, been tossing this back and forth in my mind and I'm ready to take the title to another LEVEL.

Let me first explain where the name derived from and how I took its title. I'm only sharing this story as an open book because I need to explain why and how the STELLA AWARD was established.

Of course, it was from the movie. It took root with me about 4 1/2 years ago. I met a man, and yes he was a little younger than I.

You see, back then when I met him; I was a woman who shut herself down. I mean heart set on double lock and key hid in safe! lol. Before he came along; I closed myself up and went on lets just say many years of celibacy. Many years.

Don't get me wrong. I was very happy and content being single. I wasn't even thinking about having a man in my lyfe. That was the furthest thing on my mind. My friday nites every friday consisted of Friday Nite Prayer. I taught sunday school, faithful doing community outreach and loved attending Church. I dressed just like an old church lady, Never showed the knees and wasn't concerned about sex. It's amazing how a little flirtation, flattery and attention changes a woman. I mean, This brother was all in one and he had me hooked. He started making jokes about the movie Stella and the ending. This is where the name derived.

With that said, this award will have nothing to do with how many men you can put on the bench, how many d$&ks you suck or how good you are in bed.

It has everything to do with beginning to function as a beautiful wonderful women who is learning how to feel love, respect, honor and show dignity for herself. It has everything to do with feeling inspired, empowered, and motivated. It has everything to do with believing in yourself and knowing you are marvelously created with a purpose. It has everything to do with accomplishing goals, plans and making your dreams come true. It has everything to do with knowing that if you never meet your Winston or if you have to let your Winston go, you are still wonderfully and beautifully made. This award has everything to do with, women/men/people who have overcome obstacles and said within themselves LYFE HAS MORE TO OFFER then laying down accepting death.

So with that said again, I am going to award people personally through my blog as well as in person The STELLA Award.

The criteria is very simple but you got to be ready to move from victim to victor to healing:


If you know anyone who is rebuilding their lives and on a journey to getting themselves together, would you please send me their name and a brief bio. I will check into their stats and give them the props and recognition so eloquently due them.

As for me, I think this is a great opportunity to show love to my peeps and help encourage, empower, build & rebuild! I hope and pray other women/men step forward and begin the journey to a road less travelled.

Please forward their names to Rhondawest2008@gmail.com

0 comments: