Diva's Weekly Principle:

"Attitude is Everything". ~2011 Diva Principle

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Offense vs Defense


Where is the balance? Because your nice and somewhat submissive, does that mean you become a doormat? When people thinkingly or unthinkingly throw those arrows and those gauntlets are cast down on you; and lets not forget about those damn challenges. Yep those challenges that hit us mentally, physically, spirtually and emotionally; how does one deal with it all?

I guess it's just not what you say anymore, it's more of what you don't say. Ummm. And I guess it's not always what you do, it's what you don't do that really makes the difference. Well, seems like Victory or defeat all plays apart in those two factors.

How do you keep a balance and not lose your cool? It all seems so funny, you hear people say all the time "I don't get mad, I get even" or "KARMA back at cha". I don't know, seems when people say hurtful things or delibertly do hurtful things, its hard not to maintain.

So, how does one win without losing your self-respect, your cool, and even your values?

And I guess the final question I would ask is, how does one find the courage to stand alone if need to and put on their game face to deal?

For me, it's just been a long rollercoaster ride. Damn, I swear; Up - down and around some pretty sharp ass curves. Have you been there? Lyfe can be one hell of a roller coaster, if you let it.

I'm learning to get off the feaking ride and stay off. I'm learning, in order to stay ahead of the game I got to play oOFFENSE and NO MORE DEFENSIVE TACKLE. Haha, that's been a lyfe changing experience for me. But, I'm there. The whole experience is learning to control the emotions and gain a settled heart and a made up mind!

In the midst of the challenges, obstacles, arrows, punches, etc.; try and develop a settled heart, a made up mind and one thing for sure be rooted and grounded with wisdom & knowledge. It really does go a long way.

There's the balance right there:
1.Settled heart
2.Made up Mind
3.Wisdom and Knowledge

0 comments: