Diva's Weekly Principle:

"Attitude is Everything". ~2011 Diva Principle

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Market for Niggas



A friend sent me this video and asked my opinion. I told him, I'm going to blog about it and see what others think. I'm not too sure how I feel about this message. Personally, I have mixed feelings.

Here's my mixed feelings:
1. I think it is a good thing that someone can stop selling drugs, change their lyfestyle and begin writing, rapping about their lyfe and tymes. And,
2. I think it is good that this stardom gets a person out of ghetto/hood to Hollywood (a better way of living). But my mixed thoughts are this:

1. Exploiting women to make money a
2. taking riches to promote guns, drugs and continued lyfestyle of thug lyfe.
3. High prices for African American CD's, clothing, DVD's etc.

I guess to each's own. Not all black rappers, poets, musicians etc are in the "nigga Market". But, we do have many selling their soul.

What do you think about the message? I just have mixed feelings.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is an oldie. I've seen it around before and it looks like this utube video is resurfacing again.

In my opinion, racism sexism money Rap it's all an on going battle.

We got a whole new generation out here. Generation Y. You got to be ready for them because they are here and they are totally different from any other generation.

People you got to pay attention to the sounds around you. We got technology moving in at a faster pace and its all innovative and creative. We got a generation that is hungry for it and they are fast, smart and in tune. They want it all and want it all right now.

My opinion, Rap is a beautiful thing. But its getting too political.

Rap simply is and should be diversified, having alot of eclectic views, pumping up the hype and bringing forth some kind of motivation. That's Rap to me, just telling the story.

You going to always have a market. That market will always consist of the good, the bad and the fucking worse.

Thats the way the cookie crumbles.
KW