Diva's Weekly Principle:

"Attitude is Everything". ~2011 Diva Principle

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

It does happen in our communities


The Strength of the Black Family.

HAPPINESS, TOGETHERNESS, LOVINGNESS, FOREVERNESS - IT DOES HAPPEN IN OUR COMMUNITIES

Inspite of the growing statics that are discussed that Black Families mostly have babies out of wedlock and have little or no chance in marriage. Or, if we do manage to stumble down the aisle, we are more than likely to end in divorce or some type of proverty.

Inspite of all the negative hype about the black families. I believe differently and I'm believing these numbers. 2008 statics shows that the turnaround is stunning. As reported by The New York Times, the Census Bureau says the number of black children being raised by two parents jumped 14 percent. "Let me say again, It jumped 14 percent", That's a positive change.

I'm one who most always goes against the grain and the odds and for the most part, the black marriage cup may not be running over but personally, I do see it as half full. I'm so sick and tierd of always hearing negative feedback and remarks about the black families. "I refuse to give up." I won't give up and I BELIEVE.

I just read this article and I wanted to share and see what your thoughts were: The article gives many suggestions on keeping the black families together. Seems simple to me, Here we go:

Marriage, with a mother and a father and children in one home, all reasonably happy in a reasonably stable home almost semms unlikely. As I personally think about this, I am asking myself what can be done differently to increase the chances of black families growing and staying together?
One couple who has been married for 47 years. (Can you imagine loving one person for 47 years?) I can. Me love ya long time, huh! lol Anyway, this couple said that they built a foundation together. Here is what they did:

1. prayed together
2. hung around couples who were loving and succesfully making their marriage work.
3. open communication
4. separate finances (they advise whatever works for the couple)
5. they never went to bed angry.
6. appreciated one another and never took each other for granted
7. shared household chores
8. respected and valued one anothers views and opinions and compromised any
differences.
9. maintained their own identity.

This seems so easy. I'm just not going to give up, not when I see other couples that I respect happy and loving each other after many many years.

It goes to show "black families are still strong".

0 comments: