Diva's Weekly Principle:

"Attitude is Everything". ~2011 Diva Principle

Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Fresh Start


A few months ago, I woke up to the word NEWNESS. I struggled from that time trying to understand the meaning. New boyfriend, New Friends, New Attitude, New What? At the time, I had no idea how this word would play into my lyfe.

Since, I didn't have a boyfriend and needed an attitude adjustment along with new SINGLE friends; I got very excited about NEWNESS..

Recently, everything has taken a halt. NEWNESS seems to mean what? A clean slate. The opportunity to start over. The chance to do better. What?

I developed new SINGLE friends that like the same as me and that's great. My youngest is leaving me on Wednesday. OMG...I'm not taking this very well, either.

Kinda living in boxes. I have to move and can't find a house.
Anyone who really knows me, knows I love this house. Landlord wants to sell, I knew this day was going to happen at some point. Honestly, as much as I love this house its not worth the money and there's is much hidden work that he covers up.

Anyway,
Even with having a boyfriend, NEWNESS is a little scary. I'm letting go and starting all over again. It's scary and exciting at the same time. We all need a second chance now and again, and for me my second chance will be to groove with my friends and journey on a new road. A road to NEWNESS. This road just means, Loving myself enough not to settle for a piece of a man this time.

You know, ladies, sometimes we settle for that piece of a man just so we aren't alone and we get a little d**k here and there. There has to be something else, because that is so boring and tiresome.

For me, A Fresh Start just means I'm starting over. I'm not giving up on love, not yet. I know love exists. And, Now is a good time to try again. This time, I'm much much wiser and I learned from my love mistakes. When someone tells you, don't call me "I'll call you; you respect that and try and move on. Not always easy though, especially when you're in love.

This is my FRESH START. My Fresh start with NEWNESS:
1. New home
2. New Boyfriend (wow, that sounds so profound to say)
3. New Attitude
4. New Single Friends
5. New Appreciation
6. New Ideas
7. New Hangout spots

Boy, I had no idea the word NEWNESS meant all this and meant A FRESH START.
I'm not really sure how I feel about NEWNESS right now. I'm packing and anticipating all those things above not seeing it but believing it all.

2 comments:

philosophy of james said...

You should reconsider.

What you're going through, as a man, I understand. Keep in mind Stella sometimes it's not about you. You're going through this phase of life to help someone else and to be molded yourself. God is molding you into the woman he desires of you smoothing out all the rough edges. I'm sure it's not easy right now. As you are on the potters wheel, share your experience.
You have a great deal to offer and in my opinion, women need to hear what your blogging. On a real tip some men need to hear it as well.

You're a beautiful strong intelligent and I must say "sexy woman" and what comes your way is only to make you stronger and wiser and I'm sure sexier. :))

Keep speaking girl. The world needs to hear.

The Diva Principle said...

Thanks James.

People just don't get it or maybe I don't, who knows.

Anyhow, thanks. Got my son off today. What turned out to be a sad moment was actually one good tyme!!

thank you,

:)