Diva's Weekly Principle:

"Attitude is Everything". ~2011 Diva Principle

Thursday, August 27, 2009

ALL IN ONE


Casual Dating

This is for my brotha's. I use to have a few following me but I think I must have lost them. Not sure what happen to Frankie, Korry, Scizzle, Philosophy of James and any others. I guess my blog is too girly for them and they found no interest and stopped commenting.

A few of them felt that I was/am a MALE HATER. I'm not, got mad love and sorry, that they didn't find my blog suitable for men.

I'm from the ole school and trying to get with this casual dating thing and recently been told "I'm just not that in2 you". So, here I am. Back on the dating scene and trying to figure out, what does casual dating mean? let me explain.

It appears that we live in an era that forsakes commitment, dating and exclusive courtship. Now days men and women just want to casual date. (whatever the fu*k that means).

But as I'm out here trying to grasp the concept while still maintaining "The STELLA" got her groove back.

I'm beginning to notice that there are 3 types of men. Brotha's don't start hating me. Lets check them out:

The Starter: Well, I think he's the dude that gets things started. Takes you out and wines and dines you, but ends up at the end of the night with just a kiss or peck on the cheek. He never gets to 2nd base. You are not attractive to this dude at all, but oh well.

Then you have The Set Up dude: Now this dude is a little more desireable and a little more sexier. But, the set up guy; he is probably guy that wines and dines and then gets the kiss on the cheek at the end of the night. He is the one you may call up and say, hey you wanna check out a movie or hangout. He may be the one that ladies we go to and just vent and talk over our issues. You feel comfortable with him and he makes you laugh, but he just doesn't know how to sweep you off your feet.

Now you get down to The Closer: He's the booty call. He's the one you give the cookie to. He's the one that's called into the game to finish off what the others just couldn't do. He's the go to guy in tough situations The HOT COMMODITY for the ability to perform in the clutch.

Brothas, don't hate me and sistas don't get mad. If we really sit back and think about it, how many of you brothas have been either the starter, set up guy or the closer and never even knew it?

So my sistas & brothas, what does casual dating mean to you? Does it fall into one of these categories?

And what is your definition of a closer/maintenance man
I mean it would seem that all three of these dudes serve a purpose at some point in this game of casual dating, so which type of dude do you prefer and why?

AS for me, I guess I'm just ole school and believe I can find a man that can do be "ALL IN ONE". Some say I'm dumb for thinking that way, who knows.

0 comments: