Diva's Weekly Principle:

"Attitude is Everything". ~2011 Diva Principle

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

o' what a feelin


just breathe - sweet breath

Most of us work very stressful jobs and if we don't get a grip on how to deal with stress, we will find ourselves sinking down in the pit of stress and craziness.

My position as a sales consultant wreaks havoc of stress. I work on commission base plus salary and every month my target quota has to hit. Some months are better than others, but I'm always faced with numbers, goals, planning and target. I be damn, soon as I get close to my target and get a chance to relax and breathe, here comes another months target. It's a never ending repeated cycle, month after month.

I personally needed to learn how to deal with this type of stress or either get another career. Because really, I get called Cunts, colored woman, bitch, and to top it off customers will at times throw there damn phone down on the counter like it's my fault they broke their phone. Oh yea, I look at them like they have lost their everlasting mind and then just suck it up and deal. (sometimes)I'm able to tell them off in a nice way. lol

Anyway,

I took up some yoga classes. Yep, sure did. I love it. Although, I don't get a chance to go too often, but I did purchase a nice DVD/CD and use at home. Plus, I'm learning laws of attraction. It is powerful and so true. Well, ok. enough babbling, I just wanted to share this breathing technique with you. Here it is:

One of the best ways to get your mind in sync with your body is to breathe. That's right. Breathing is the link between mind, body and soul. It's a technique that sends oxygen to your brain and organs and flushes out toxic carbon dioxide. How bout that?

This special breathing technique is called: prah-nah-yah-mah (pramayama) and it is a special type of breathing that centers and refreshes your mind and body. Try it. It can help you focus when your feeling anxious, stressed or blah.

Give it a try the next time you feel this way. Take some moments off alone to yourself and just breathe. No one has to know what you are doing, so you can try it Anywhere.

O' what a feeling. Just Breathe sweet breath!

1 comments:

James said...

Stress is the top#1 problem in the field I'm in.
They have Yoga at the center I work at and I see a few people going.
Just doesn't seem to muncho. I might have to get a group together and hit it up. Not sure yet. Seems like that first cup of coffee thing.
I guess a person never knows till they try...