Diva's Weekly Principle:

"Attitude is Everything". ~2011 Diva Principle

Thursday, June 4, 2009

amBITCHous (Series III)


So you call me a Bitch, huh?

When is it ok to call a woman a Bitch?

I personally hate the word. I equate it with the N-word.

Honestly, I think its time we do a turn around. My friend, he blogs a post and calls it Schedule 1 word". Which he says are words that has no positive or medicinal purposes; and he feels these words should be banned. That's his opinion and he is entitled, but I personally hate his schedule 1 words. lol
And no, we aren't doing anything like that.

But,I do want to Rob the word "Bitch" of its power.

Yep,

I'm about to rob the word of its power. Far too many years, this word has been used to tear women down.

My perspective on this is that words only have power over you in the context you read into them. Meaning: If I'm the type of woman that stands up for herself and take the initive to get things done but later find that I'm labeled as a BITCH, I'd want to have the strength and insight to baffle the person calling me a bitch and say; "Thank you for that amazing compliment."

Look at all the years, this such a word has been flung at women and its always been meant to hurt us, but by taking this word and robbing its personal meaning, we women can turn it around on those who would verbally be attacking us.

You ask, how and I'm glad you ask?

Here's a little word play on the meaning:
A Bitch is:
a woman who is discriminating.
who respects herself, her time and her efforts.
She differentiate herself from being a doormat.
A women who speak her mind.
who has opinions and
don't shy away from expressing them.
who doesnt sit back and take everything dished her way.
A goe getter and Achiever

For me, a "bitch" describes all at once who we are when we speak up, what it is we're too worked up over to be quiet about, and you make yourself be heard. That's a real true mean bitch to me!

I think, If being an outspoken woman means being a bitch, or if it means not sitting around waiting for Mr. Cutie; then by all means that's what I am. If a man feels the need to call me a bitch; Well, I'm going to take that as a compliment, thank you very much. I'm going to look him dead on and say: The power in that word has been taken from you and I transformed it to say: I'M too amBITCHous for you!

Think about it, wouldn't it be great if women could ignore what our culture thinks and the labels that are constantly thrown on us. We are labled far worse then men.

Again, I personally hate the word bitch. But, if I'm going to be called one; it will be for standing up for myself.

Don't you agree, shouldnt we rob the word of it's power over us?

0 comments: