Diva's Weekly Principle:

"Attitude is Everything". ~2011 Diva Principle

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Take It All Off



Yea baby, take it all off!
Chris Rock made a statement: All a man is ever saying is one thing. "Would you like some d**k? As he opens your doors, pulls out your chair, whatever, under his breath he's really saying, "would you like a little d**k with that?" I don't particularly believe that, but some men are that way.

Are you one who isn't afraid to look inside and see yourself? As a single woman/man, Do you find yourself getting involved in relationships and wearing a great deal of layers of clothing?

Wow, layers of mistrust, disbelief, anger, bitterness, unforgiving, resentment, unworthiness, etc. the layers just go on and on. I'm surprised some of us can even walk wearing all these clothes.

And damn, You been wearing them for so long; they are now outdated. Yes, they are. So out of style and outdated. But, I don't know about you, but I'm ready to strip them off. All off. Yes, I am. Ready to get G'd with newness.

Lets, just look for a moment at our clothes. Look at the statistics of young women today, how they're out here searching and doing almost anything just to be loved. Think about the high pregnancy of young girls all wanting and needing to get pregnant just to feel a sense of belonging and be loved. HIV running rapid, STD's at it's highest ever and Why?

The sad part, we go through men/women like we are thirsty for water. Just drinking having never been quenched of thirst. That ole cliche of Chris Rock saying, "do you want d**k with that?"

You know, I be damn if every time I get involved with a man, I find myself giving all of me and getting zero in return. I feel like, what the hell, Why do I keep giving so much and never learning from my errors or getting anything in return?

Then I realized, it's because I haven't stripped and taken off all those layers of negative, unwanted out of date clothes. I khow now, until I take if off, I will keep piling on the layers and wearing it like its still in style. lol

Well, clothes do go out of style. And Guess what? Yep, you got it. Off with the old and In with the new. I'm wearing a new style. G'd from the inside out.

Love
Respect
Value
Communication
Understanding
Fun & Laughter

It doesn't matter what you look like. All that matters is that you are happy being you and if you're lucky at love; you have someone that completes you and makes you feel good. But first, you have to feel good about yourself.

Laugh at lyfe cause it sure nuff has its pitfalls that we stumble over. Definitely, keep a strong sense of humor and laugh at yourself from time to time. They say, laughter does your soul good. Bottom line, Know who you are and for me, I know that: "I'm all woman."

I'm sensual, provocative, adoring, loving, respectful, kind, wise and mature.

Yea, I said it. Take it off. Take off all those things that keep you bound. Those inner demons that's become your shirt or your skirt and that tell you:
You can't make it
You aren't worth it
Bitterness
self-destruction
mistrust
hate
low self esteem
Take it off and replace it with
I'm a survivor
I'm somebody
Love
Empower
trust
I'm special

Look inside and see the beauty, the love, the adoration of being who you are and believe in you
!
Strip yourself and take it all off. All those things that keep you bound.

Cause shorty you're a TEN, so strip!

7 comments:

cassie said...

I'd been following your blog. I like some of yo stuff.
I dont yet got a computer, I check when I got class or at my sisters crib.
I like this post. Made me decide to take off my out dated clothes.
I got clothes on from times living in foster home in Seatle.
When I get time, I gonna set me up a blog too. Dont know how yet.
thanks doe for this post. I need to hear and I need to change my clothes.
thanks

The Diva Principle said...

Wow. Thank you. I'm glad you appreciate some of it and feel free to comment on anything you disagree or don't understand. That's how we learn and grow.

By all means, comment and keep commenting; we can learn from each other.

This blog was birthed out of inspiration from my friend. He kept telling me to blog and I said, I don't know what to say or write. I told him, no one will go to my page and comment. It was his idea that gave me the courage to give it a whirl. He had haters who tormented his page and he said, wait till you start blogging and you will see how you can't control the comments. He is very inspirational with my decision to blog.

Just as my friend encouraged me, likewise I hope you will be encourage to set your blog. And when you do, please allow me to follow.

God will give you the design and purpose of your blog. If you pray, ask him for the purpose.

Yea girl, I need to change my wardobe and get new clothes too.

Little did you realise, but you let me know that I'm on to something and keep on pushing.

Thank you for your comments. Let me know if you need help and make sure you comment when you don't agree or even if you don't like.

Korry said...

Know you didn't!

Dominion said...

Brothas, this is a global call to all ya'll.

I'm embarrassed to admit that we have put our sistah's in a state of loss.

Brothas across the world. Get right and Appreciate, Honor, Respect, Value and always love show love for your black sistah. They are there for us thick and thin.

How can our sistah's get out of depression, build up their self-esteem, value/love themselves (and us for that matter) when we constantly keep puttin them in positions of disgrace?

How? For the most part, we are the blame for how our black sistah's feel and what they believe. Over the years, we have put them in devalued positions and then blame them for it.

Yeah, by all means my sistah, strip! Take it off and Don't ever wear it again.

I'm digging self awareness and peace to you blogging.

The Diva Principle said...

We appreciate men like you who are honest and straight forward. Not afraid to admit and step up. Thanks.

Personally, I'm into self-awareness. Many people don't understand. They view it as a sign of weakness or not liking/loving yourself.

It's really quite the opposite. You love yourself enough to know that there maybe areas you could change. You love yourself enough to want to change those negative or misguided habits, thoughts, behaviors and opinions.

We all are just a work in progress striving to reach and maintain lyfe goals.

Thanks for your sincerity and stepping up to the plate to support us black women.

Do you have a blog? I would love to read and support you.

philosophy of james said...

Ma, You inspired me too. I want you to know, I'm not too proud to beg! There's a method to the madness.

How's things going in Wheeling?

The Diva Principle said...

Wow! Now that made me smile. Great to see you have started your page. I will check it out.