Diva's Weekly Principle:

"Attitude is Everything". ~2011 Diva Principle

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Always Be A Mother


Yesterday, my oldest son nickname TLobus sent me a text message. Its the normal for him but this tyme it was a little different. This tyme he said, "Mom, I just wanted to let you know that me and Sean are very lucky to have a mother like you. You are the best and I love you". Yeah, tears filled my eyes.

I'm Blest, thankful and I'm very grateful to have two loving men whom I have nurtured and raised for 19 and 25 years. My kids, my grand-daughter are my heart and I love them as would the next mother.

It made me realize that authority changes as our kids get older. It made me realize that as a mother or parent for that matter, we no longer have to be the warden figure, laying down the rules and making sure they follow. But now, I've become their sovereign advisor. Just listening, talking and supporting their decisions and letting them grow into their destiny.

One of my major challenges was simply adjusting. Adjusting to the fact that they are grown men able to live and function without me. Yikes, honestly that was hard as a mother to accept that I no longer have young boys. Wow, I can't even believe I'm writing this and feeling comfortable. I suppose I have matured as well.

I had to redefine my boundaries with them and understand that letting go doesnt really mean losing them. Really, it's quite the opposite. As they are maturing, growing and increasing their wisdom in stature; so am I.

I thank God that the level of understanding the growth of my children simply meant for me to be trusting and having faith that they will stumble into their own destiny.

WOW! This weaning experience was very challenging but so necessary for me to understand that I will always be a mother.

Thank you sons!

0 comments: