Diva's Weekly Principle:

"Attitude is Everything". ~2011 Diva Principle

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Express Yoself


Learning how to articulate and express your true feelings really isn't as easy as one may think.

I've noticed that when we begin to express our feelings, not only do we become vulnerable but we also have to communicate our feelings in a way that the other person can understand. This is sometimes hard for people, I know it is very difficult for me. And, if you have to express them in a text message; that is almost impossible!

I want to be able to express how I feel and ask for what I want/need. Regardless whether or not the person accepts my feelings or wants to meet my need. I'm still going to express them, because honestly when you think about it; only you are responsible for expressing yourself. It's up to you.

How people respond is totally up to them and you have no control over that portion. So, stop allowing others to disrespect and walk all over you. Speak up and express yourself. What is the worst thing that could happen?

We are speaking about expressing emotions here and ladies, I think the hardest type of emotion to express is anger. We don't want to sound off as a BITCH, NAG, OR COMPLAINER; so we keep quite and hide the anger.

Well, I'm not accepting anymore krap! KRAP IS NO LONGER A PART OF MY LYFE. If I'm treated with disrespect, it is appropriate to express my anger and I will share this emotion with whomever it is directed to.

In short, I can love a person with all my heart but be angry about his/her behavior and express this emotion to him/her. It doesn't mean I love him/her any less or that I think they are a bad person. It just means STOP or leave me alone.
Emotions should be expressed and expressed in a healthy manner!

Remember we are what we eat. Hopefully we are eating healthy and digesting in a healthy manner.

So EXPRESS YOSELF and be happy.

0 comments: