Diva's Weekly Principle:

"Attitude is Everything". ~2011 Diva Principle

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A FAIR HAND



Have you ever had a moment in lyfe that you felt like "you just wasnt dealt a fair hand"? Yea, if you're a person of color then I'm sure at some point you felt this way.

Now, I know we don't all get a fair hand. That's a given and that's simply lyfe, but what about when you know your just as good, just as loving, just as capable...simply just as but not give the fair hand.

What do you do? How do you handle it? Do you just whine and complain? Do you gain the attitude of poor pitiful me? Do you become the Debbie Downer? Or, do you just get pissed off and angry at the world and at the situation that nothing makes sense?

Well, for me I'm sick of the feeling. I'm sick of "White Privilege". I'm sick of working in the workforce and never being awarded the same opportunities as the next simply because of "white privilege". I'm sick of being told that Black men are choosing white women because Black Women are too angry. I'm sick and the feeling makes me through my hands up.

If you don't know what "White Privilege" is, I would suggest you look it up. Im so sick of seeing our black brothers deal the winning hands to white women while only handing one card or two over to us black women. I know I sound like a jealous mad women, but im speaking solely from experience.

I mean, literally, I've seen brothers go through the deck and pull out the cards they want both to have and in most cases the black women gets the shitty hand. They will hold back cards deliberately or even cheat and take cards out of the deck on us.

It's amazing to sit and watch how a black man just freely gives to the white woman. Never ever giving the same hand to us. It makes me wonder. If A fair hand had been dealt, what would have come out from it all?

And, Lord forbid if this man ever been hurt by a black woman. If he has, look out world because all black women will get 52 pick up! You can believe, he will go through the deck and hand over the cards to another woman and she nine times out of ten wont be a women of color. Check it out for yourself.

I'm by far prejudice nor angry. And I hope this doesn't sound off as such, I'm just tried of being dealt a shady hand.

0 comments: