Diva's Weekly Principle:

"Attitude is Everything". ~2011 Diva Principle

Sunday, June 6, 2010

CrossRoads


As I sit here tonight, I'm looking over my lyfe and I truly have accepted that its tyme to move forward. I've currently reached a point of deciding which is more important.

I remember being here in this same position almost 5 years ago. The position of choosing to take a step forward and launching into the unknown. Here I sit again. Wondering, Pondering and creating more stress for myself than necessary. All that I do, If I believe in the work, cause or relationship; I give my all. I strive on excellence with everything that I do and I'm struggling with making a move that I know I will be most happiest at working.

Five years ago, I decided to leave my comfort zone of knowing faithfully every 2 weeks exactly how much my paycheck will be to launching into sales where first I would take on a salary decrease but have the potential to make as much money as I choose depending upong the quality/quanity of sales. I did it then, why is it so hard to take that same step again?

Well, After much praying, wavering and looking deep within; I've come to the conclusion that money is my reason. I've become accustomed to making damn near 60,000 thousand annually. That's what keeps me from moving and I'm now burnt out and not happy in this position.

Personally, I know that my purpose here on earth is social work. Helping those in need that may be struggling. That is where I'm truly happiest. Why?, because it's what I was born, created and destined to do. I'm at a crossroad right now.

Is it more important to have that high income or Is it more important to live out my destiny and purpose? Do I give up the luxuary and take a huge paycut but be happy Or, do I continue to make the money and be miserable at doing so?

What do you do when the work you want to do doesnt have the income that you're accustomed to making? I don't ever want to struggle again, I don't ever want to go backwards. I'm not getting any younger and I can't afford to change up careers but I know it's what my heart is saying. Crossroads, where does that take me?

Crossroads, hmmm.

0 comments: