Diva's Weekly Principle:

"Attitude is Everything". ~2011 Diva Principle

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

ATTRACTION


Ladies, lets take a minute here and ask ourselves some deep real heartfelt questions? Like, what attracts you to a man? What are some qualities, that you are looking for in a man? And, What do you find sexy in a man?

And fellas, please don't hestitate to chime in and make your comments. Some of ya'll think I'm a "Male Hater", but I'm not...

I just want what I want and I want him to respect and treat me as his queen. I feel that two people should respect one another and respect their tyme, space and respect them as an individual person.

My friend uses the statement, "you attract who you are and not want you want". I'm not sure I believe that statement. I believe that a person will attract who they are but also can attract what they want. That is: If you know what it is that you want.

Well, here is what I find sexy in a man and what I'm attracted to with all the qualities that defines me.

I like:
A man that treats his mother with respect. How he treats his mom is how he will treat you.
A Praying Man (one that believes in the power of prayer)
A family guy (one who enjoys his family) very close knit.
Trusting type guy. Doesnt lie about every damn thing. Someone I would feel comfortable with handling my finances.
Swag got be on point. A little thuggish but quite the gentleman.
A man who is Confident. Very decisive with his decision making. Not wavering.
Definetely very very Intelligent (I want to be able to ask him anything and learn from him)
Good looks (I like dark skinned men with a great smile) A smile gets the best of me.
Very fashionable - Cares about his appearance, his image and loves to look GOOD. (A fashionalbe dude turns me on and to see a dark skinned guy with a sharp ass swag that really makes my head turn every time).
Likes to have fun.
Serious minded but knows when its time to relax
Aggressive with sex (Open to explore sexual pleasures on a healthly level)
Great personality (knows how to laugh and relax) Not too stern, mean and stuck up
One who is Healthy (not a freakin health nut, not sickly)
JOB is a must but he also needs to know how to maintain a budget.
Interested in me (concerned about how I feel and my needs)
Very good listener and communicator
He must be an activist within our community and the work of people


Well, certainly this is a list that may or may not be adjustable. I think it really defines the quality of a person. The type of man I want. I know he exist, I had him for just a short short tyme. Hopefully, I have him again and this tyme "I'm not letting him go".

So, What attracts you? What defines your wants/needs?

2 comments:

Tania said...

Maybe this will shed some light. I've been married for two years now and I have a wonderful husband who makes me feel special. I love him dearly.
Just as you, I made a list and for the most part; my husband had most of those qualities that were truly important. If a person doesn't hold most of the things you desire then don't waste time because you cant change them into your mold.
If you are still single, as hard as it may be for you please don't lower your set standards and by all means don't settle.
I enjoy your blogging and if you are single, believe that your special guy is on the way! He's going to find you and he'll recognize the beauty within.
When a man finds himself a wife, he finds himself a good thing.
Keep up the good blogging!

The Diva Principle said...

Thanks Tania. I really apreciate first you giving your name. secondly, Im grateful for your encouragement.

I believe blogging is healing tool for both the blogger and its readers.

Sometimes it gets discouraging but for the most part "I'm Healing". I'm learning and growing. As I heal, learn and grow I want to share with others in hopes that they too will heal, learn and grow.
I always learn from my readers and I appreciate them.

Again, Thank you for your encouragement and your story. I needed to hear this tonight.

Being single gets very lonely at times but I continue to give to others what I value and want in return. (if that makes any sense) lol

I'll keep blogging and I hope you keep reading.

Thanks.