Diva's Weekly Principle:

"Attitude is Everything". ~2011 Diva Principle

Saturday, August 14, 2010

40 & Over

In case you all were wondering, why I havent been posting as much, its because lately I've been a little busy and honestly, just doing me.

I got a 46th birthday coming up the end of the month and at first, I was beginning to feel a little sad. My mind started playing tricks on me saying things like, you're old and don't have a man and you're old and to get a man you have to compete. But Thank God for knocking some damn sense into me and giving me a mirror, I'm ok and I'm with who I am and I'm ok even If I never get a man (I hope I do though because I don't want to be alone, really who does?).

Here's a article I found that I wanted to share.

Women over 40 are hot
Article By: Lisa Daily, Lavalife Prime

Turning 40 is a shocker for a lot of women.

Well, crap, they think. I'm OLD. You're not. How in the world am I going to compete with some 26-year-old with perky boobs and no baggage? And it's not because you can't, it's because you don't need to. Yes, some men are looking for 26-year-olds. But those are not the men you want to date. Besides, squeezing yourself into a tube top and stilettos to go hang out at the local watering hole isn't going to fool anyone, right? At least not close up... or before midnight.

And that's OK.


It's time to think about the things that really make you attractive.


A woman over 40 is not looking for a man to define who she is.

You know who you are

A woman over 40 is not looking for a man to define who she is. Once you accept who you are, you can begin to like who you are, and that gets reflected in the way you carry yourself.


You have your own life

"Women over 40 are hot because we are comfortable in our skin and most of us are OK to be alone. When we are with someone it's not because we need to be, but because we want to be."

You're comfortable with sex


You've seen a few things

A woman with more life experience has an easier time putting things in perspective. You've likely known great joy as well as tragedy.
"Women over 40 have sustained a fair amount of life's disappointments and challenges. Over time, they learn to prioritize where things are a big deal and where they just don't really matter."

0 comments: