Diva's Weekly Principle:

"Attitude is Everything". ~2011 Diva Principle

Monday, August 2, 2010

Love Yo'Self Anthem




I decided I'm gong to do this and if the world thinks I'm crazy, oh well.

Recently a friend of mind ask me to read poetry at the Steubenville African American Festival. He said, keep it clean and do you! hmm, he opened of some doors for my creation to take over. So, I thought I wanted to do a little skit and act out my poem.

Whelp, I saw this cute article in Essence Mag and my mind got to racing. Kudos to Christette Michele from writing this article!!! So, here it is:

The title will be "The Showstopping Shoestomping ENSEMBLE."

Divas are you with me? Im personally ready to grab hold of the spotlight and recite lyrics from each one of these songs. I have small segments from each song that flows sweet. Heres the Songs:

1. Im Every Woman ~ Chaka Khan
2. New Attitude ~ Patti LaBelle
3. RESPECT ~ Aretha Franklin
4. Just Fine ~ Mary J. Blige
5. I Will Survive ~ Gloria Gaynor
6. Single Ladies ~ Beyounce
7. God in Me ~ Mary Mary
8. Golden ~ Jill Scott
9. Superwoman ~ Alicia Keys
10. Control ~ Janet Jackson

I think these songs truly help us as DIVAS to feel worthy of being a Solid Black Woman!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a good mix.