Diva's Weekly Principle:

"Attitude is Everything". ~2011 Diva Principle

Friday, August 20, 2010

What's Really Going On?



Now love is love and it doesn't have a color, but here lately one and one don't add up to TWO. So I've been asking myself, "What's Really Going on"?

Is it me or do you also ask yourself these very same questions? Why is it that "Black Love" is so hard to find? Have black men been hurt one too many tymes by black women that they now resulted in devaluing black women? I've been contemplating writing a few posts about the topic and about why black men seem to dis black women and treat the white women like queens. I was just wondering, am I the only one questioning?

Whelp, I found this book and I must tell you; its a must read. It's called: The Conversation by Hill Harper. He is one of my favorite authors. Here is a page from one of his chapters that I want to share.

Do Black Women Feel Valued by Black Men? No, Black Women don't feel valued by black men. If you look at Asians, Hispanics or any other ethnic group, including Jews you will find one common thing and that is they were all taught never to talk bad against one another. Huh, I find that hard to believe; especially within the Hispanic Race. Interesting.

Guess What? When it comes to black men and women, you all ready know. If a black guy isn't dating a black woman he is going to say: I can't stand black women, they are always tripping over spilled milk and angry. And a black woman, well, she will say: I can't stand a black man, they are all liars and cheaters. This is the first thing that comes out of our mouths.

What's really going on? Our culture was bred to speak against and speak bad about one another. It just seems like the black men don't want to befriend us and open up to learn and grow together. Why is that? I believe this goes back to slavery and how they divided and conquered us.

Could we still have this slavery mentality? You know how, they would split us up from each other and I do think that's the root of it all. Black men weren't allowed to be with their families and the black women and children were separated.

Think about it, After slavery ended, we still struggled to maintain, to communicate and to love. We been pitted against one another and don't even know why. How many black families are together within your community? It has been an on going generational negative emotional dynamics passed down and as a result black love is almost non existent.

Even though we are educated, we still refuse to accept or even acknowledge that our unique history in this country has directly led to our negative present day conditions when it comes to "black love".

I just thought that was an interesting concept and it opened my eyes to a few things. It is making me dig deeper within to understand my struggles as a black women trying to remain faithful to "black love".

I would love any dialogue and thoughts about "What's Really Going On"? What do you think?

0 comments: