Diva's Weekly Principle:

"Attitude is Everything". ~2011 Diva Principle

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Walking on Water


Sitting here watching the Dallas vs Redskins game. My home is strickly Dallas Fans by way of Washington Redskns. My dad and brother are both die hard Redskins lovers! We lived in DC all my childhood lyfe, so need I say more? Anyway,

I was thinking today about times when we need to just launch out and walk on water! Yep, launch into the deep deep sea and either sink or sail! lol. What the hell, what do we have to loose?

When I hear this phrase "launch into the deep", I always think about Jesus in how he was out in the middle of the sea and told Peter to come. Peter took his faith and jumped out the boat and started walking out into the deep. Wow! Can you imagine how he must have felt, knowingly believing and walking out his faith walk. He only failed when he began to doubt himself and doubt Jesus. He only failed when he began to look at the other folks in the boat and look at the storm. That to me is a lesson all of itself. Keep your eye on Jesus, especially when you don't know the outcome and have no control.

I think if we don't launch out, we end up sinking sand anyhow. So, why not launch? I feel if your going to sink, you mize well sink trying.

This made me think about my major career move I made all most 3 years ago. I left a comfortable sitting desk job still with Verizon Wireless and decided I wanted to do something completely out of my comfort zone. That decision was a tough one because I was launching myself out into the deep with absolutely no experience, no skills and very little knowledge and confidence.

Hey, 3 years later that decision became the best one I could have ever made. Three years later, I'm sailing on water and landed top 3rd in my district in sales.

It's hard work but it's rewarding. Yessir, I'm #3. But not only do I have the status quo in my district but I tripled my salary and gained experience, knowledge, confidence, respect, motivation and love for myself! I can't even imagaine me still sitting behind a desk being bored.

Sometimes, we just have to launch and if we sink; oh well.

I'm here again, I need to make a major decision and this one is hard but I know I can't just sit here and pretend and let another year pass me by. I wrote down all the things that kept me there and all the reasons why I need to launch. I know, if I don't launch; I'm going to sink in sand another year.

So, I'm launching. How about you? What's keeping you from launching?

0 comments: