Diva's Weekly Principle:

"Attitude is Everything". ~2011 Diva Principle

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Da Original O.G. with INTEGRITY



I AM HIP HOP AWARD AND HONOREE: "None other than ICECUBE"

Most definintely, positively - respectably - hard earned winner! Isn't he the most cutest man ever...well almost the cutest!


I tell you what, he received this award with the utmost humble spirit ever! Back in da day he was the orginial the most increbible OG and I most add he STILL IS. Age anit got nuttin on him! lol

But he put it out there ya'll, we can't sit around letting people own us. OWN UP your own.

Here is his acceptance speech:

West Coast pioneer and Gangsta Rap icon Ice Cube received a standing ovation as a video montage preceded his receipt of the BET "I Am Hip-Hop" Lifetime Achievement Award. In his acceptance, Cube challenged his peers to create art with integrity, and not for sale to the highest bidder.

"We gotta do what we feel. We can't be slave to video programmer, radio programmers, or A&Rs. We gotta be slave to our own creative minds," Cube urged. "To all the older rappers, keep doing what you doing. Don't let the industry push you out. As long as you got a tongue, u ain't too old to rap. BET I hope you give out two of these, because I have a whole 'nother life of work ahead of me."

Very humble wise guy! I think I fell head over heels :)

"REGIS MARTIN" this one is for you!! IceCube, He went from da hood to Hollywood! And, so can you...believe dat

0 comments: