Diva's Weekly Principle:

"Attitude is Everything". ~2011 Diva Principle

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Envious Attitude


The DivaTude wanted to shed light, Stomp on the head of and yell stay down to an "Envious Attitude". No, "Envy", you are not welcome to dwell in this mind, body or soul! YOU MUST GO.

I've been dealing with a word and a feeling for a while now and I'm open-minded enough to discuss and share with you and the world.

For quite some time I've been feeling quite envious of what someone else has that I desire. It's been bothering me and at first I thought it was jealousy, but as I began to be honest with myself; I learned that I desired to have what someone else has and it wasn't being jealous over not having it. It was envious.

After much sole searching, crying, asking why, I finally had to come clean with myself: I realised it was envy that I was feeling. Yep, envy had reared its ugly ass head and tried to destroy my self esteem.

Let me ask you, Can you handle success? No, not your success but someone eles. Or better yet, can you handle falling in love. No, not you falling in love; but someone else. I'm sure everyone at some point and time have felt this type of discontentment or possibly resentment. I know I have and I confess and come true with my feelings.

What do you think causes this envious? and, why do we have to critize someone who has what we desire? I'm sure there are many reasons and I had to sole search and answer these questions for myself.

Whelp, if you ever start to feel a little envious of someone else's success or happiness wage a campaign against it and refuse to view it as your own personal failure.

I just think we need to be happy for others success and happiness. Maybe if we become the reflection of what we want, that reflection will come back on us.

Next time, when you feel the ugly head of envy trying to rear up, STOMP on its head and tell it to STAY DOWN~~

Because "that ugly head ENVY", it's not welcome to live, dwell or pass by this MIND~body~SOUL

0 comments: